Re: Changing The URL

  • Subject: Re: Changing The URL
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 05:35:52 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Kwaj wrote:

> Is there anyway to force a change of URL in the web client?

Are you looking for some JavaScript that will change the contents of the
address bar? JS will not have the privileges to achieve this.

> For example - the address window reads http://aurl.com . Now I would like
> it to change the URL name to, http://anotherURL.com .

Without re-direction, you are simply asking the browser to fool the user.

> I don't want it to switch to another page - I would just like to conceal
> the server. Can this be done.
>
> - Kwaj

Why not conceal (hide) the address bar? Are you working on a browser for a
public terminal? A mediocre user will probably find a way to reveal the
address anyhow... so you have many workarounds to worry about.

Let's see if somebody else has an idea that will generalise to all Web
clients...

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com