Re: Netcraft Toolbar is Noisy

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Ironically, the toolbar which protects you from phishing and other
>> nasty activities, is in itself spyware. Then again, it gives me
>> useful information at the level of hosts, so I'll keep it. It seems
>> to take a lot of resources, so be cautious.
>
> ...I don't like to post a follow-up to myself, but...
>
> For the record, the toolbar's rank figures  are rather noisy, much
> like Alexa. After less than a week of use, ranks of any site that I
> regularly visit improve significantly (laughably).

Like alexa, there's probably a figure above which the ranking is
pointless due to small sample size.

On alexa that figure is below 100,000 or even 10,000.
Problem is, the toolbar often shows figures 10-100x that amount
which are rubbish.

Mildly useful for a casual guide but only if you know the above.
Traffic figures are hard to come by as we know...

--
Mike