Re: Best Notepad replacement

On Sunday 21 August 2005 07:52, Staiger wrote:

> Got a Tungsten E (OS5), and would like a Notepad look-alike that uses the
> 320 x 320 screen resolution properly.  The standard Notepad SEEMS to be
> 160 x 160 on the drawing area, because the lines you draw are very blocky,
> which makes smalll writing hard to read.

I am fairly sure that that lines are 1/2-pixel wide (strictly 1 pixel would
be problemtic in lines that are not straight) and takes advantage of the
320x320 screen. I know this for a fact because I used to have Note Pad on a
160x160 screen and it was terrible. Have you selected the thinnest line? I
am pretty sure you have.

> I want something pretty simple - no need for any fancy functionality - and
> I'm happy to pay if it's good.

I saw BugMe being recommended:

http://www.electricpocket.com/bugme-palm/

> Could anyone recommend something?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz        "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
http://Schestowitz.com