Re: This Newsgroup's Troll

On Monday 22 August 2005 05:52, John Bokma wrote:

>> You may have noticed a troll that constantly posts spam under the name
>> ramikishan. I filed for abuse, but Google haven't intercepted him yet.
>> Could somebody else help in ending this?
>>
>> Forward his/her messages to groups-abuse@xxxxxxxxxx with an appended
>> message body like:
>
> ---
> Could you please inform the owner, Ramkishan Bihani, of
> www.reserveurplace.com that spamvertizing his site, 3 times a day, is
> not done on Usenet?
>
> <http://groups.google.com/groups?q=www.reserveurplace.com&start=0
> &scoring=d&>
>
> Kind regards,
>
> ---
> sent to: hostmaster at yipes dot com, cc: abuse at yipes dot com
>

> <http://www.senderbase.org/search/panels/Whois?rawWhois=1
> &searchString=www.reserveurplace.com>
>
> gives info about the owner,
>
> ping www.reserveurplace.com
>
> Haciendo ping a reserveurplace.com [209.120.245.31] con ...
>
> gives IP, and another look up:
> <http://www.senderbase.org/search/panels/Whois?rawWhois=1&searchString=
> 209.120.245.31>

Thanks for that. Like I said, it seems to be an automatic thing (unless the
spammer has a strict regimen). Unless we act, it will never stop. I got
used to hitting ignore on 3 messages every morning. The newsgroup has
almost become as messy as nntp://alt.www.webmaster (some will know what I
am talking about... Mr. Anti-Google Groups).

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men
http://Schestowitz.com