Re: Tuna and Mercury

___/ On Wednesday 24 August 2005 15:01, [Mr-Natural-Health] wrote : \___

> MMu wrote:
>
>> well.. 40 times what amount?
>> you can find traces of mercury pretty much everywhere.. it all boils down
>> to the quantities.
>
> Silly me!  Here I thought that the chemical form of mercury in fish is
> what determines how much if any will be absorbed by the body.
>
> Go figure!

Is anything known about its affect on the body, e.g. the brain, the liver
and so forth? The salmon recommendation was a useful one, but what I worry
about more are the direct or indirect, short- and long-term effects of
mercury absorption...

Many thanks,