Re: Great source for content

_____/ On Thursday 25 August 2005 17:28, [T.J.] wrote : \_____

> Just thought I would share this with anyone
> interested.
> http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/index.html

I guess you are quite right:

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/docs/contributor_copyright.html

"The Factbook is in the public domain. Accordingly, it may be copied freely
without permission of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)."

However, where has all the fun of creating your _own_ site gone? Any average
programmer can take freebie content, push in some templates (easier than
ever due to the emergence of CSS) and upload en masse.

To make any profit from advertisements, you need to get some well-justified
ranks, thereby traffic. If you intend to plague our Web with spam to
achieve that goal, well... let's not continue this discussion. But that's
the reality when it comes to most freebie-content sites...

Fraudulent(ish) content, so why not destroy the Web too? That's why I hate
public content. It makes the internet an easy dumping ground for duplicate
content, as valid as it may be.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
http://Schestowitz.com