Re: Firefox Web Developer Toolbar Extension

  • Subject: Re: Firefox Web Developer Toolbar Extension
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:01:16 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
___/ On Friday 26 August 2005 03:56, ["WD10" <.>] wrote : \___

> I'm working on a tutorial for the Firefox Web Developer Toolbar.
> (Actually it's more of a quick introduction to the features than a real
> tutorial.)
>
> Take a look and let me know what you think.  I think it is a really useful
> tool for web design, but a lot of people that I meet don't know about it.
>
> http://tips.webdesign10.com/web-developer-toolbar.htm

I love that extension. I don't use it very frequently, but when I do, it
saves me a lof of hassle. I had a look at your introduction. it complements
what the visual interface encapsulates not and it conveys the main points.

Personally, I always prefer to learn tools by trial-and-error, hands-on
experience or interactive tutorials, albeit that's rare. Anybody who
designs for the Web (even just with tables and without proper Web
standards) must install that extension. It potentially saves a lot of time
of looking at the source and trying to keep track on hierarchy... and
that's just of the many powers of the Web Developer Extension. Blinky told
me about it IIRC...

Roy S. Schestowitz        while (sig==sig) sig=!sig;
http://Schestowitz.com