Re: Comment Spam for SEO

__/ On Friday 26 August 2005 17:22, [David] wrote : \__

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:51:24 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>They also obfuscate words like p0ker and v1agra to get past the
>>filters. (change in encoding, not numbers and symbols which does not help
>>them with SERP's)
>
> It does help since they get your PR.

It doesn't "help". It "destroys".

> Obviously having the anchor text
> as well would be better for them, but with the spamming scripts
> available today gaining thousands of links is easy.

How would you know? In fact, I sometimes wonder how you get PageRank for
your sites. Care to share? I am not implying anything, but comment spammers
are either located in remote and exotic havens or have sites whose content
and existence have no sentimental value to its webmaster.

If somebody like John and I lost our sites for good, I can assure you we
would be gutted (I know I would) whereas you seem rather nonchalant about
your banning.

> That's a lot of PR
> that will help a site as a whole through internal linking.

I don't care. It's spam. It's that cr*p that has me cycling between pages
and ticking boxes several times a day.

> Wouldn't advise it though since you might get your site banned from a
> search engine or three and so long term loose out.

"Wouldn't advice"? "Could get you banned"? Is /that/ how you perceive it? As
far as I can tell, if the risk for a ban was not there, you would spam my
site without thinking twice.

I read your message an hour ago and vowed not to reply, but I just could not
help it. How can you live with yourself? How can you even sleep at night?
(rhetoric, so no need to reply; I am marking this thread "ignore" and will
no longer have it visible)

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
http://Schestowitz.com