Re: UseNet Flame Wars

__/ [Paul Burke] on Monday 29 August 2005 11:22 \__

> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 03:51:15 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>>Actually, I need to borrow it because we have had a tonage of trolls on
>>the Linux-related newsgroups recently. You know the chorus, "Linux suxx,
>>Win32 ruleZ". Annoyingly enough, it is /these/ threads that get the most
>>attention these days.
>
> I remember those sort of comments with the Amiga and Atari ST :/

But this is no /game/. Have a look:

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,39251063,00.htm

Slashdotted just minutes ago. The key line in the article

<quote>

Microsoft's open-source point man Martin Taylor has expressed interest to
jointly develop a study on deploying Windows versus Linux with the Open
Source Development Lab (OSDL).

"As far as working with Microsoft on a study, Microsoft could probably find
one negative line on Linux in a 100-page research report that it would
spend $10 million marketing while ignoring the other 99 pages," he (OSDL
CEO) said in his e-mail to ZDNet Asia.

</quote>

--
Roy S. Schestowitz        "Life is too short to proofread"
http://Schestowitz.com