Re: Is there a reverse look up?

  • Subject: Re: Is there a reverse look up?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:38:34 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [Miguel Cruz] on Tuesday 30 August 2005 07:11 \__

> <Gymdandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I know you can go to whois.com and look up who owns which website
>> domain, but is there a place where you can find out all `domain names
>> owned by an individual?
>>
>> For instance, if John Smith owns, www.example.com is there a place I can
>> go look up all the additional domain names owned by that person?
>
> This used to be possible many years ago, but I don't believe it is
> anymore. At least not unless you have painstakingly brute-force crawled
> the whois database and built your own private copy.
>
> miguel

Somebody sent me an E-mail off-list pointing out that there would be a
problem with such a tool. This might encourage and lead to a rise in the
volume of spam.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
http://Schestowitz.com