Re: chmod -R +x for directories only

  • Subject: Re: chmod -R +x for directories only
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:18:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
__/ [billy] on Tuesday 30 August 2005 12:41 \__

> Is it possible to change the permissions of a directory tree
> (recursively) for execute on directories only?
>
> Billy

Use 'find' to get a list of all the (sub+)directories in the current
location.

find -type d >~/list_of_directories

Having got this output file, use it as input (no chaining involved here) to
feed arguments into chmod, maybe using a simple shell script. I can't think
of a simpler way myself, but others probably can.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
http://Schestowitz.com