Re: Phlogger - Resource Hog

__/ [Dustin] on Tuesday 30 August 2005 13:51 \__

> .:J:. wrote:
>> Hey
>>
>> I've spend years on Webtrends. I really want to try out some of the
>> better free (or cheap) alternatives, loganalyzer-programs.
>>
>> Ive had a look at AW stats, but it'll take a while to install etc etc.
>>
>> What are your suggestions to loganalyzers (please include links) ?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Jakob
>>

> I've used pphlogger in the past. It's nice because it reports stats in
> real time. It is always up to date. It is free http://pphlogger.phpee.com/
>
> The biggest drawback is that you have to put a javascript snippet on
> each page you want to track. This is simple for me though as I just
> stick it in my overall PHP header file.

Be cautious. The script hogs plenty of resources. As your site grows, it
puts enormous strain on the Web server.

Here is a little thread I participated in (Mike is co-founder of WordPress):

[His site appears to be /down/ at the moment so here is Google Cache]
http://tinyurl.com/cv2ve

Some weeks ago he argued that his site could no longer handle the phlogger
load. He had to switch! What's more, the project (phlogger) seems to be no
longer maintained so do not become dependent on it.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
http://Schestowitz.com