Re: I have a trouble with my XP while entering hibernation mode

  • Subject: Re: I have a trouble with my XP while entering hibernation mode
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:49:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.2600
__/ [Cribble] on Wednesday 31 August 2005 09:29 \__

> When I try to enter hibernation mode Windows reports:
>
> [System hibernation failed]
> The device driver for the 'Standard 101/102-key or Microsoft Natural
> PS/2 Keyboard' device is preventing the machine from entering
> hibernation. If the problam persists you may need to update this
> driver.
> [***************************************************************]
> What should I do?

Hibernation on a desktop machine? First time I hear of such an animal unless
the mentioned computer is a laptop with a detached keyboard. Then again,
Windows might just play silly.

 o What happens if you disconnect the keyboard?

 o What happens if you disconnect the keyboard before BIOS starts?

 o Have you tried re-installing the drivers?

 o Have you looked under Device Manager to spot exclamation mark/s?

 o Is your computer possibly affected by virii, spyware or whatever it is
Windows users suffer from these days?

 o Has hibernation ever worked at all?

Hope it makes a good starting point,

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed
http://Schestowitz.com