Re: New useful site for newbies (and oldbies...)

  • Subject: Re: New useful site for newbies (and oldbies...)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:34:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [Lefty Bigfoot] on Monday 05 December 2005 09:39 \__

> Aragorn wrote
> (in article <CpQkf.64740$no7.3969166@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):
>
>> I've actually just read this on /comp.os.linux.misc.../  This is a
>> useful site that allows you to look for the right commands for doing
>> something from the commandline environment.
>>
>>         http://www.linuxcommands.org
>>

> No tr?
> No cut?
> No xargs?

Yes, I think the site must grow first. It seems like a small index of man
pages. It doesn't appear to do the search too wisely either, so the results
are neither all that relevant nor specific. This site actually reminds me of
YubNub < yubnub.org/ >, which is the command-line of the Web. It appears to
be down at the moment.