public_html/.htm (client denied by server configuration)

At least once a day, I seem to be getting the following in my logs:

[...] client denied by server configuration: /home/schestow/public_html/.htm

I once tried to re-direct these as to avoid having them flagged as errors. I
think such redirections were impractical. What are these requests? I tried
finding out using searching engines, but dots do not get indexed, so
"public_html/htm" is what I get plenty of...