Re: BSA conspiracy gets its ass kicked

  • Subject: Re: BSA conspiracy gets its ass kicked
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:59:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [Linønut] on Sunday 11 December 2005 15:28 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, r.e.ballard@xxxxxxx belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> Personally, I agree in principle with both Microsoft and the BSA.  If
>> you really want to use a $300 office package, you should pay $300 for
>> it.  If you don't want to pay that much, then you should stop stealing
>> Microsoft software and use Open Office instead.
>
> Or at least just use WordPad, which covers about 90% of what Joe SixPack
> would ever need.  MS Office itself adds only 2% to that.
>
> Personally, I'm learning LaTeX right now.

Use Kile/LyX. They are top-level abstractions of LaTeX and use the same
underlying technology. You needn't learn and memorise LaTeX syntax and you
have the benefit of WYSIWYG-ish, where strict embedment of _structure_ and
semantic is enforced.

I have used LyX ( http://lyx.org ) for 4 years and never looked back. Being
fluent with TeX helps...

Good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
  4:55pm  up 1 day  0:03,  18 users,  load average: 0.52, 0.43, 0.38