Re: KNode Crashes with 99999 articles

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [CWO4 Dave Mann] on Sunday 18 December 2005 00:44 \__
>
>> I just discovered that KNode always crashes when the article count
>> (unread) is 99,999.  I Googled and found quite a bit on many
>> different types of KNode crashes, but didn't see this exact problem.
>>
>> Any info?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Dave
>
> I suggest you submit a bug report to the KNode team. I notice that you are
> using Pan. Were you put off by the bug?
>
> Roy

I waver between Pan and KNode.  Pan seems to be a memory hog.  But, since I
have 12 windows with apps running in at least 9 all the time, I guess I
shouldn't complain too loudly.  My big complaint with Pan is that with it I
can't post binaries.

I am using KNode now, mainly becasue I am in the middle of posting a bunch
of pictures to the alt.binaries.pictures.aviation newsgroup.  To get around
the 99,999 bug, I just unsubscribed from the couple of groups which have
over 99,999 article counts and read them using pan.

I've already passed this bug to bugzilla with negative responses.

Cheers,

Dave