Re: Guestbook Questionl

__/ [Desert Rainbow] on Wednesday 21 December 2005 11:34 \__

> Is there a guestbook available, preferably a free one, which will
> allow ONLY the webmater or site administrator to view the the email
> addresses left by vistors?
>
> On my personal website I have been using the free guestbook provided
> by AnvilBook. I am satisfied with it except for the lack of this one
> feature which leaves the email addreses subject to harvesting by
> spammers.
>
> TIA
>
> BTW this is my first post on this forum.

I would have recommended Advanced Guestbook (GB), but it suffers from
persistent spam attacks. Use Lazarus < http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/ >
which is a GB fork that prevents spam by posing a challenge-type question.

Hope this helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    chmod a-r *.mbox
  5:45pm  up 11 days  0:56,  7 users,  load average: 0.97, 0.74, 0.56