Re: ThunderBird RC2

__/ [houghi] on Thursday 22 December 2005 21:46 \__

> Snorkelson MacBurp wrote:
>> Does anyone know if/when Suse will release RPMs for TB RC2?
>
> Unless there is a security reason to go from 1.0.x to 1.5, SUSE won't
> offer it as a default in YOU. Best look for it at Packman or Guru as an
> installation source (No security updates after that) or wait for 10.1
> wich will most likely have it included, looking at the release dates of
> both.

The last time I installed Thunderbird, it was a simple untar-gunzip job. Just
put it where it should reside and your profile directory is 'inhereited'
from the previous version. JRE is great.

> That is if they have an official version out by then. Well, it COULD be
> that they add RC software on it. Has been done bofore.
>
>> For Houghi: The RCs have in-line spell checking. enough reason for me to
>> upgrade.
>
> Spell checking? Who needs that? I am so perfect that languages adapt to
> me.

I used to think the same way, but later installed the necessary extension for
Thunderbird 1.0.x. I never looked back since. I miss it every time I use
Horde because CTRL+A, CTRL+C, Editor, CTRL+V, spellcheck, go word-by-word,
then pull back is a nuisance, even just for detecting typos. KMail and KNode
are frustrating at times for that reason. I notice that Konqueror in SuSE
9.3 has that functionality built-in, which is a pleasure if you do Web
forms.