Re: What do you want for Christmas?

__/ [Kier] on Friday 23 December 2005 10:57 \__

> Okay, to inject a little seasonal amusement into COLA, what
> computer-related goodies does everyone hope to get in their Christmas
> stocking this year? Software, hardware, gadgets, and any hopes for the
> future of FOSS.
>
> And just for once, let's leave MS out of it :-)

No need for stockings. No need for a holiday bonus either. OSS goodies are
free  and are available regardless of the time of the year. One needn't be
privileged to get valuable software.

As  a recommendation, eye the release of WordPress 2.0 on the 26th of  the
month  (yes,  Boxing Day). We're expecting millions of downloads  overall,
each of which employs a LAMP server.

http://wordpress.org

I  volunteered to stay in the support forums and handle some of the  load.
Future of the CMS looks bright for Linux.