Re: AdWords managment software for Linux?

__/ [wd] on Wednesday 28 December 2005 14:29 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [wd] on Wednesday 28 December 2005 11:02 \__
>>

>>>Is there any AdWords management software that runs on Linux?
>>

>> Something like this?
>>
>> http://freshmeat.net/projects/trackgoogleads/
>
> hmmm... not exactly what I am looking for.  Maybe I will have to learn
> how to use the AdWords API...
>

>> That aside, if you were to ask me, Google are good at exploiting Open
>> Source software. When it comes to bringing something back to that same
>> community, nada. Maybe a few commits here and there on the Apache project.
>> They sometimes appear like OSS paracites that go against their main
>> competitor while ignoring the niche that used to be them. Examples:
>
> I just went 100% Linux again.  Feels great.  Got a ThinkPad... doesn't
> even have a "Windows key" on it.  I'm going to put Windows on a second
> hard drive to use in the UltraBay but not very often.

No Window key? How do you change tracks without (global) keyboard shortcut
collisions? That button is very handy for XMMS and amaroK.

I finally have all 3 machines running Linux (2 SuSE, 1 Ubuntu) and nothing
ever goes wrong with them.

Work:

 14:39:54 up 78 days,  6:30,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

(never seen any errors, Ubuntu Hoary)

Home:

 2:48pm  up 24 days 21:02,  5 users,  load average: 3.23, 2.95, 2.66

(load is high due to OpenGL screensaver)

University:

 2:42pm  up 17 days 21:53,  13 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.32, 0.27

(reboots never forced)

Much to my surprise, even a most stubborn supervisor with PowerPoint 'lust'
cannot abolish OpenOffice. I never use Wine either.

With kind regards,