Re: Xinerama configuration

Rajiv Narayan wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> SuSE 8.1, MATLAB 6.5 R13, Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM, Raedon graphics
>> accelerator.
>
> Are you using XFree86 or Xorg? Could you post the version ?

XFree86-4.x

>> Try updating X. It sounds like a problem at O/S level ...or disable
>> Xinerama when necessary. Quick procedure: with root permissions run
>
>> something like cp /etc/X11/singlemode > /etc/X11/XF86Config and
>> restart X.
>
> I would like to avoid restarting X if possible. startx - +xinerama
> works well too.
>
> This certainly points to a problem with Fedora Core 2 or Xorg. I
> booted up using a Knoppix 3.6 CD yesterday, configured xinerama
> (XFree86) and was able to run Matlab without problems at least in
> shell mode.
>
> -Rajiv

Fedora Core II? Interesting that you mention it... I used to SSH to many
remote computers when RedHat was deployed. I could display windows on both
screens. Joy! Once they 'upgraded' to FC2 and the cursors set changed,
Screen 2 was killed. I spent days trying to find a work-around... to no
avail.

To be perfectly fair, advanced cursor sets kill screen 2 even locally, under
SuSE 8.1.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com