Re: How do I make FireFox default browser for Kmail?

  • Subject: Re: How do I make FireFox default browser for Kmail?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:25:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
Doug Laidlaw wrote:

> Al. C wrote:
>
>> (Slackware Linux with KDE 3.14)
>>
>> I've seen some postings on this, but I can't get it to work. I go to File
>> Associations and set the text, html to
>>  '/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox %u' .
>>
>> If FF is NOT running, then a clicked html link in an email will bring up
>> FF. But if it IS running in any desktop, FF will not load. I get an icon
>> on the task bar and it eventually times out and goes away.
>>
>> What is the secret I'm missing here?
>>
>> Al
>
> I am guessing here, but it sounds as though FF won't allow multiple
> instances.  You may be able to allow for multiple tabs in FF setup.
>
> Doug.

I have changed the filestype definition in KDE 3.1 with Firefox 1 installed.
When I press multiple links in KMail, I get several /new/ windows to open.

Without any intention, you helped me do something I had intended to do for a
long time. I was getting sick and tired of Konqueror popping up by default.
It was only now (thanks to you) that I did something about it.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com