Re: Sony Drops PDA Business!

  • Subject: Re: Sony Drops PDA Business!
  • From: Jeffrey Kaplan <cspp@gordol.org>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:40:02 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
It is alleged that Roy Schestowitz claimed:

; > It was rumored last year that Sony had bid to purchase what became
; > PalmSource from Palm Inc.  It is my opinion that failure to complete
; > that bid is what made them decide to drop the PalmOS specifically, not
; > the more general drop in sales after they flooded the market.
;
; Good take... I hope you don't mind me making it public...

Well, this is a public forum.  However, I did goof a bit.  PalmSource
is older than one year, so the rumor of Sony trying to purchase it from
Palm Inc would have had to have been longer ago than that.

; I am among the sad Palm users that see the damaging effects of this.

Me, too.  It was with regret that I switched from my last Clie (T615).
It was a great device.  But I wanted to move to a SmartPhone more.  So
I got a Kyocera 7135 and sold my Clie to my (older) brother.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan                                         www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled             Send personal mail to gordol

"You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public."
Scott Adams