Re: KDE settings maybe leads to a huge-lookin' Firefox?

  • Subject: Re: KDE settings maybe leads to a huge-lookin' Firefox?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 06:42:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
jefe@moscowmail.com wrote:

> Hello all!
> I've been playing with my settings, such as button styles etc. as well
> as my virtual resolution settings, trying to take advantage of my new
> LCD.  And somewhere in there my Firefox now has a lower-like
> resolution.  That is, the menu etc are all rather large while the pages
> appear as they would in Konqueror or whatever...
>
> Any ideas out there?

Firefox has a Java-based GUI and it is barely affected by the KDE settings,
if at all. I once messed about with the settings and had a problem similar
to what you describe. Go to Edit -> Prefs. -> General -> Fonts and Colors.

Have a look at <display resolution>. The other fields /might/ have an impact
as well.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com