Re: Keeps turning on

  • Subject: Re: Keeps turning on
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 02:55:34 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.palmtops
Exact same problem came up some hours ago in alt.comp.os.palm:

First of January Bug on T5 Address Book/Calendar link
From: Benny <Benny@spuntz.fr>
Date: Saturday 01 January 2005 22:09:02
Groups: alt.comp.os.palm

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:40:35 +0100, Benny wrote
(in article <41d6e111$0$21768$636a15ce@news.free.fr>):

> Please help me !
>
> My Xmas gift, a Palm T5 is  automatically "on" 15 seconds after being shut
> down.
>
> I've had 5 days without any problem, but since January first, it's
impossible

> to shut it down...
>
> I've done a couple of hard resets to get rid of this bug, but if empty
> everything is fine, the bug comes back with the first sync.
>
> I've tried to sync only Calendar, Adress Book, Memo and Tasks, but I've
got
> the same issue... again and again.
>
> Has anyone already experienced such a bug ? Could it be related to an
event
> in the calendar ? A corrupted data in the address book ?
>
> Benny

The bug was created by an Address Book file, mentioning  a person's birthday
on 2° January 2005, with an alarm that was due to start the week before.

For some strange reasonsas of  1st of January, the calendar could not cope
anymore with this birthday and maybe the automatic alarm that had been
generated in 2004 (but that I've never seen)....

Benny

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com