Re: Mac OS9 IE 5 Test Request

  • Subject: Re: Mac OS9 IE 5 Test Request
  • From: Philip Ronan <invalid@invalid.invalid>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:29:16 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Philip Ronan wrote:
>
>> Christopher Richards wrote:
>>
>>> Hello group,
>>> My code and css vaildates.
>>
>> [[ on the contrary, none of these pages validate ]]
>>
>> Can't be bothered to check your CSS for you, but the fonts look tiny
>> anyway. You're wasting my time.
>
> That's rude, Phil. It looks good in Konqueror and Firefox. I will try this
> on an old Mac if you are still interested...

If Christopher wants HTML that renders properly, then he should make it
valid. And he should stop claiming that it *is* valid when it *isn't*. It
makes no difference what the pages look like in Konqueror and Firefox.

> ...oh, and the font size is fine!

Fine for who? Defining a font size in pixels is a basic error.

Christopher: Sorry if I sounded rude. You might find these links useful:

<http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/design.html>, especially
<http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/design.html#page-inconsistent>

also, <http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/fontsize.html>, and
<http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html>