Re: Expense in Tungsten E? Solved!

In article <hlockwood-BB80B6.16125617012005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
 Harry Lockwood <hlockwood@arradiance.com> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > "Localization" usually refers to parts of the software that handle your
> > national language (e.g. English, French, Spanish...).  Software writers who
> > have clients in many countries often split the software into two parts: one
> > part that does all the work and one smaller part that contains
> > messages/text to display to the user in her/his "local" language.  That
> > way, it's easier to build, test, and distribute the same software around
> > the world. I'd search your CD for something that looks like the local
> > language part of the Expense Add-In.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Mike
>
> Mike,
>
> That's an interesting observation.  There are two Expense apps in the
> Add On folder (Mac OS 10.3.7).  One is Expense.prc and is the one that
> gives thee Localization error cited above.  The other is
> Expense_enUS.prc which one might choose based on your logic.  (I'm in
> the US.)
>
> When I choose the latter and sync, it goes through the motions and
> appears, from the desktop, to have successfully loaded.  But it appears
> nowhere on the T|E.
>
> Thanks for the input.
>
> HFL

I got through to Palm customer service, was walked through a hard reset
and started over.
The trick is this: if there are two files, like Expense.prc and
Expense_enUS.prc, they  must both be added together during the sync
operation.  You would think that would be documented somewhere.

HFL

--
H. Lockwood