Re: knode - floating header viewer

  • Subject: Re: knode - floating header viewer
  • From: Matt Gibson <gothick@gothick.org.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:04:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
rod rook wrote:

> I could not make it work and finally had to set up another user and start
> all over again. What did I do wrong and what could I have done to restore
> the the default viewers?

You've got to be very careful where you drop the windows when you're doing the
re-docking.  Look at the "shadow" drop target when you release the window --
to re-dock in the right place, you've got to drop either in the centre of the
target window or towards one of the edges, depending on exactly what you want
to do.  Sometimes you have to resize both windows so the one you're dragging
back is significantly smaller than the one you're dropping onto, otherwise it
doesn't dock properly.

Cheers,

Matt

--
"It's the small gaps between the rain that count,
 and learning how to live amongst them."