Re: Shifting to KDevelop

  • Subject: Re: Shifting to KDevelop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 03:11:22 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++
Joseph Turian wrote:

> Roy,
>
> KDevelop won't simplify debugging, since its debugging facilities are
> but a frontend to gdb.
> Nonetheless, it's a solid development environment.
> Have you tried ddd?
>
>    Joseph

Thanks for the reply, Joseph.

I used ddd about 4 years ago. I know it's a front-end to gdb, as well as
Insight and KDevelop (among others). However, I no longer want to work with
KWrite, make and bare gdb. It's slow and messy.

ddd gives me some odd errors, but if you believe it to be as useful as
KDevelop, then I'll give put in the extra effort.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com