Re: Maybe OT - Blue Tooth Keyboard recognition

  • Subject: Re: Maybe OT - Blue Tooth Keyboard recognition
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 03:57:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.laptops
Garf wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Just got a Belkin Bluetooth Kyb & Mouse set to use with my Omnibook and I
> keep having to pair with passkey with the kyb every time I reboot. Is this
> normal? The mouse just needs a click on connect and it's there but the kyb
> needs a  code and takes 10 * longer to connect. Anyone experienced this?
> Is it normal?

The Bluetooth keyboard I have seen takes about 5 seconds to
authenticate/register with the computer following every reboot. I don't
know if a passkey should always be required. There might be alternatives...
but then again, you don't want somebody else with the same keyboard (or a
device such as a PDA) taking control of your PC, right? If the keyboard has
some unique identifier, it might be possible to make the authentication
process autonomous. Look at the manuals.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com