Re: Matlab GUI on Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Ninad Pradhan wrote:

Hi

Does a GUI written in Matlab and tested in the Windows environment
port to Linux without having to make any changes to the code?

If the reply is too involved to post it here, please post a link to
the appropriate information here, or mail me an attachment if it
suits you best.

Thanks!
Ninad.

In an ideal world, there would be no problem at all. In reality, you might
observe one or all of the following anomalies:

1. Incompatible font sets.
2. Mismatches and misfits due to font size.
3. Platform-dependent commands, e.g. unix(), system().
4. Performance gaps.
5. Difference in default GUI colours.

That's what I can think about at the moment... there are a few more...

Roy

yes, these are some complicating factors that may arise, but generally i haven't had too many problems, and providing the gui isn't too complex, there is usually a fairly easy work around with the isunix flag.

hope this helps

lata
steve