Re: Graphics Card Choices

David Wright wrote:
> I think he means he doesn't need a high-end, latest games playing spiffy
> graphics card for working on Logos... Any piece of junk card produced in
> the last 5-10 years would probably do the job adequately.

The last 5-10 years might be not enough. I had a card that did a max of
256 colors at 800x600. Or somewhere ther about. It had 0.5MB of memory.
Not much compared to 0.5GB you can get now

What he needs is a card that can do 1600x1200 in milions of colours. If
he is going to do graphics, I would not go below 1600x1200.

Most out of the box cards will do that now without a hitch.
--
houghi		http://houghi.org 	http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/