Re: Night-time worker!

  • Subject: Re: Night-time worker!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:12:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.fitness.weights
Moo wrote:

> Hello, I have starting going to the gym again after a 'while' off, I have
> been going for about 2 months now.

The reversal suggests that you should treat days as nights and nights as
days. All should remain the same and the only issue is gym opening hours.

> My problem is that I work 12 hour night shifts which makes it difficult
> to:
>
> a) Have a proper diet

Pack up one proper meal before you go to work. People who work long hours
often prefer food supplements.

> b) Go to the gym at proper times.
>
> I generally go the gym after I finish my shift at 07:00, I know that I am
> supposed to eat 1-2hrs before the gym (carbs) to give myself the energy to
> do the workout and then I am supposed to eat straight after (protein).  My
> problem is I go to bed straight after the gym so I can get some sleep
> before the night shift at 19:00 again.

If you can sleep despite the soreness of the muscles, then it's not a big
issue. Just don't eat right before you go to bed.

> Can anyone provide any suggestions?
>
> Also can anyone suggest any good sites (free!) for exercise plans, I
> generally want to get fit and build muscle which I have done in the past
> two months but I want to make sure I am making the most of my gym time.
>
> Thanks!

I put some tips in my site a long time ago. It's under my name -> Interests
-> Health and Nutrition. I don't know if you'll find it to be valuable, but
at least try.

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com