Re: computer treadmil

  • Subject: Re: computer treadmil
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:53:11 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.support.diet
Mike Turco wrote:

> I was just reading an article where somebody said they set their computer
> up on top of a treadmill and spent their day walking while working.

An interesting idea that many people have come up with already.

> I have
> a kiosk that you have to stand up to use that I have for demos. I'm at the
> computer all day. Why not toss this desk in the garage for a while and
> give a go at bring more active at the computer.

A TV might be easier to 'cope with'.

> Has anybody seen or heard of something like this? I'm having a hard time
> envisioning really being able to work at such a contraption, and I
> question whether its feasible to put together. I'd like to entertain the
> though, and if somebody's seen one of these please let me know.
> (Especially if you have a link to a picture or something.)
>
> Mike

I tried using my Palm while running or between sets of weight exercise. It
was very impractical. I came to the conclusion that it's better to stick to
TV or radio.

Mixing activities is a nice idea that appears good in principle. Practically
speaking, you'll find that only Atlas can bear such a lifestyle.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com