Linux Laptop

  • Subject: Linux Laptop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 04:33:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
I am planning to purchase a Linux laptop soon. However, I have several
concerns:

Firstly, most vendors distribute laptops with Window$ licences regardless of
the operating system used. In other words, you would pay the same price for
a laptop with a free O/S.

Secondly, few vendors appear to give a laptop with Linux /compatibly
pre-installed/. I am not sure if HP do it; Slashdot had some harsh critique
on that.

Can somebody point me at a shop in the UK that /understands/ what to do? Any
shops to avoid?

Thanks,

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com