Re: forcing or dictating a web page size

  • Subject: Re: forcing or dictating a web page size
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:34:07 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Travis Newbury wrote:

> the_wah wrote:
>> is there a way to force the index.html page of a site to conform to
>> specific page size?
>
> You can use Javascript to change the window size. Bu it won't work
> everywhere so, if you think about it, it is probably something you
> really don't want to do unless you are popping us a specific sized
> window for a web application.

Every Web application I can think of at the moment is designed to
accommodate for all (reasonable, say 600x800+) screen sizes. So, I don't
think it's ever justified to mess about with the window.

For the same reasons, people hate pop-ups. When you place an application in
your workspace and restrict it to stay within the window decorations, you
don't want it to invade other processes unless you permit that. Other such
nuisances are focus stealing and sound/music.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com