Setting up aliases outside .bashrc

  • Subject: Setting up aliases outside .bashrc
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:52:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
I have a little problem. I am trying to move aliases outside .bashrc and  a
little shell script I call aliases.sh. However, whenever I open a shell, no
aliases are set up. Running the shell script with the aliases (aliases.sh)
does not add them to the list of active aliases either. Is there some scope
limitation? Do they expire when scripts apart from .bashrc end?