Re: AdSense Interface Change

  • Subject: Re: AdSense Interface Change
  • From: David <seodave@search-engine-optimization-services.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:28:21 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:32:21 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>Has anybody else noticed the change to the AdSense 'dashboard'? This
>transition is probably a few hours old.

Yep, I like it.

>A few points to make:
>
>-They now separate between clicks from AdSense for content and AdSense for
>search
>
>-Bandwidth is reduced because only totals are displayed, not a detailed
>table (*)

If you click the various options under Quick Reports you'll find the
old type layout and new options including listing clicks etc... by
campaign (This month, by channel & day ), pretty cool. I'm tracking a
lot of channels, so this will be very helpful to see on one page how
they are all doing day by day.

Some of my sites really do badly for click thru and others are very
high. Can see this easily now where before it was quite a bit of
hassle clicking channel boxes and you didn't get a comparison of your
various channels.

>-Comma separated value lists are easy to view or download
>
>-All-time aggregation of data is no longer available (*)

It is under advanced reports. Though I've never used the search
adsense, so no idea if the results used to be combined? Now they are
separate, so you get 2 all time results. Has it always been 2?

>(*) It seems to me like Google are trying to reduce the load on their
>databases as well as reduce bandwidth. Pages are lighter (less
>resource-demanding too), but they are less informative. Menus are rendered
>using the CSS nifty corner trick so there is no added bandwidth there.

I like it overall, more options available.

David
--
Free Search Engine Optimization Tutorial
http://www.seo-gold.com/tutorial/