Re: Tungsten T3 dead

"antgel" <antony@antgel.co.uk> wrote in message
42d7e5dd$0$30277$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk">news:42d7e5dd$0$30277$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> The reason you need to remove the battery is so that the unit becomes
>> 'clinically dead' for a few seconds. When it gets some power again, its
>> state will possibly be better. There is nothing to be lost and people
>> reported this to have resolved their problems in the past. Symptoms were
>> similar to that of your T3.
>
> I'm happy to give it a go.  How do I get the cover off?

Try a video from here
http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=RD
but before you get the screwdriver out, when I needed to do a similar thing
to my old m515 I found a sequence of penstrokes on the Palm site that locks
up the palm and keeps the backlight on until the battery is totally dead. It
worked for me and it certainly put the device in a different condition to a
hard reset.