Re: Mcdar down

  • Subject: Re: Mcdar down
  • From: Paul Burke <webmaster@houstoncrafts.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 03:34:10 -0500
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 04:15:36 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>Paul Burke wrote:
>
>> Well, it seems that mcdar is now down due to heavy use.
>>
>> I did find this
>>
>http://www.webmasterbrain.com/upcoming-pagerank-value-checking-tool--tool11.htm
>> if anyone needs to check their PR and don't know of any other tools.
>>
>> hth
>> plh
>> Paul
>
>I have been using mcdar as well. It was up when I last used used it. For
>what it's worth, also in my 'toolbox':

It went down again after my message here. I went to bed at 04.00 and
tried loads of times. Only once or twice was I able to check.
Got up at 08.30ish and is still down.

The only real time you need this tool and the damn thing cannot handle
high b/w usage.

>http://www.yourcache.com/ - checking number os pages in datacentres

Yep. I use that .............. strange results the other day. Some
DC's were reporting MINUS 1

>http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ - page analysis and
>optimisation

I've used it before, but didn't really rate it.

>http://validator.w3.org/checklink - recursive link checker

I prefer to use dreamweaver to check links with, although I can see
its uses.
Thank you.

>By the way, Paul, ranks of pages continue to change, so be patient.

I'd just like to see it move ......... even if it goes back down for a
day or so, just to know that I am on the same internet as the rest of
the planet. <G>

>Regards,
>
>Roy

Take care Roy