Re: Typo SERP's - Any Potential?

  • Subject: Re: Typo SERP's - Any Potential?
  • From: David <seodave@search-engine-optimization-services.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:54:08 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 02:44:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>I thought this would amuse a few and have an educational bend. What happens
>if you find out that in the course of 3 days or so you had 91 referrals
>from Google for the search term "oogle earth"? It appears to me as if you
>stand a better change of attracting visitors for these mistaken, less
>competitive SERP's.
>
>I ought to point out that I did not miss out the "G". The capital G is
>graphics with alt="g" (
>http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/06/28/google-earth/ ).
>
>Going back to the point, it seems worthwhile to go for competitive terms,
>but use some variations like common typos. Google Earth is only a few weeks
>old so I imagine the correct term gets nearly 1 million searches a day.
>
>Roy

It can be worthwhile, I got 47 visitors so far this month for
'bisquick recipies' where recipes has an extra i from a Amazon
Customer Review (reviewer spelt Recipe wrong).

Get quite a lot of visitors thanks to those types of mistakes. Without
that one letter I'd be 47 visitors worse off :-)

I don't specifically target misspellings, but would make sense to on
some types of sites, large ones in particular where a lot of pages
target the same SERPs comes to mind.

David
--
Free Search Engine Optimization Tutorial
http://www.seo-gold.com/tutorial/