Re: Duplicate URL's from RSS

www.1-script.com wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> However, Google
>> returns results with the '?from_rss' included. Should this be a cause
>> for
>> concern? Many news site use similar strategies, so can they be wrong?
>
> Yes, the PR dilution would be the one negative effect I can think of. But
> the main question is: why don't you just alter your 'wp-rss2.php' and
> 'wp-rss.php' so they do not add the '?from_rss' into your <link>*</link>
> lines?

I added them intentionally. I assumed that the question marks will have the
URL's treated the same. In fact, they /should/ be treated in the same way.

The BBC and others appear to have added an extra layer like /rss/ which I
assume has some Apache directive behind it. If it causes a loss or PR, I
doubt they would do it, would they? Am I being moronic?

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com