Re: why is google losing my pages? please help!

  • Subject: Re: why is google losing my pages? please help!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:51:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Borek wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:48:32 +0200, Dr. Paula E, Burch
> <PaulaBurchTemp@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there something wrong at Google,
>
> Google seems to behave erratic lately, you are not the first nor -
> probably - the last with similar problems.
>
> That's without looking at your pages, just to inform you you are
> not alone.

Now that you mention it Borek, I noticed that many of Paula's front pages
have no PR (PR0) or no PR reported (greyed out). Deeper pages have better
PR. Unless the front 'gateways' were added very, very recently (a couple of
weeks ago at most), they should have had some rank associated with them.

Speaking of which, my front page still has no PR reported. Deeper pages go
as high as PR5. Quite surely, something odd is happening. What's more,
Google treats my main domain as if it comprises two sites: trunk (about 90%
of the content) and blog (the remainder). It lists them separately in the
results pages. Referrals have not been affected for several months,
averaging at around 500 a day, so I have re-assurance that nothing went
amiss.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com