Re: "tbody" tag

  • Subject: Re: "tbody" tag
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 05:33:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Terry wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created some tables using Dreamweaver.  In the html code, there were
> no <tbody> tags after <table>.  However, when I switched to NVU to edit
> some codes, I noticed that NVU added the extra <tbody> tags for all
> tables.

As it should.

> Is this <tbody> tag necessary?  Is there a way to tell NVU not to add
> the extra tag?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Terry

There are always flaws with such heavy applications. The best thing to do is
to become fluent at HTML. This way, you always know what goes on
underneath.

I used Frontpage when I was younger and even Word in the very early days.
This was far slower and less reliable than editing at code-level, which
helps you understand why a page validates or not, why it does not work in
certain browsers and how constraints like screen resolution, colour and
local font settings will affect your page.

When printing a poster, what you see if what you get. The Web is no poster.
You can never predict what the visitor will get (you mustn't), but you can
make a page robust.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com