Re: Embarrassing Non-Copyrighted Photos

  • Subject: Re: Embarrassing Non-Copyrighted Photos
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:28:30 +0100
  • Followup-to: misc.legal
  • Newsgroups: misc.legal, alt.privacy, alt.internet.search-engines, alt.true-crime
Mikkel Møldrup-Lakjer wrote:

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> dc9o4r$1lg5$2@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk">news:dc9o4r$1lg5$2@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk...
>>
>> Do you reckon that Microsoft and Google can follow suit?
>>
>> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/05/21/yahoo-sponsors-google/
>>
>> Some embarrassing stuff is up there on the Web. I bet Brin predicted very
>> little with regards to his future when he put a dress on and put it in
>> his Stanford U. academic page.
>
> What about the legal issues concerning putting those photos on your site?
>
> There are lots of photos that i would love to put on my site, I if
> could... .-)

All the photos on the site are either from WikiMedia (a few), from me, from
the GIMP (gotta love the GIMP!) or from stock.xchng (~90%) where most
photos are contributed by photographers without any restrictions.

Brin's photo does not have any copyrights as far as I can tell (only needs
thanking the Time Machine) and Bill's photo is a link to the source, which
in fact snatched pages from a magazine so old that copyrights probably
expired.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com