Re: RAM in our heads, ROM in our pockets

  • Subject: Re: RAM in our heads, ROM in our pockets
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:12:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Guy Bannis wrote:

> In article <dceup8$2dc7$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>> Notan wrote:

>> > What *are* you talking about?
>>
>> Notan, the guy starts college soon so let's not be critical. *smile*
>
> True. The best software for managing life is probably the stuff in ROM
> between our ears.

Technically speaking, it is more like RAM between our ears. It is very
volatile and random bits jump from one 'place' to another while we sleep.

I like computers because they compensate for our shortcomings. They register
data permanently, which is exactly what you need when scheduling, recording
and archiving. It is no substitude for thinking, i.e. expanding idea and
putting together pieces of the puzzle to make up a collage.