Re: How many PR X IBL's does it take to get PR (X+1)?

  • Subject: Re: How many PR X IBL's does it take to get PR (X+1)?
  • From: John Bokma <john@castleamber.com>
  • Date: 9 Jun 2005 05:49:52 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Ignoramus10824 wrote:
>
>> Suppose that a website only has links from PR X sites. How many such
>> links would it take to get to level X+1?
>
> The PR system is not linear

logarithmic, probably base 8 (which is easy in computers).

> (http://www.accordmarketing.com/tid/articles/uncovering-google-pagerank
> .html) so the question has to be rephrased. To climb from PR0 to PR1,
> a few weak links would do. To move from PR6 to PR7, these links are
> negligible and more links of the same 'level' are probably needed.
>
> The main point is that PR cannot be explained by that formulation
> above. You have more than a single parameter to tweak.

My experience: one PR6 can make a PR4 (external)
                   PR7 can make a PR5 (external, maybe even 6)

But depends on the PR of additional links etc.

--
John                       Perl SEO tools: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
                 Experienced (web) developer: http://castleamber.com/