Re: to link or not to link?

  • Subject: Re: to link or not to link?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 04:54:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
John Bokma wrote:

> Borek wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> The question is - to link externally or not?
>>
>> If I link I am loosing some of the 'PR power' that can be used to
>> increase PR of pages on my site.
>>
>> At the same time if I link to external sites I should be ranked
>> higher, or at least that's what I read in several places.
>
> Do the link(s) have value for your visitors? Yes/No?

Definitely link. That's what the Web is about, as long as your links are
justifiable. One of the wonderful things about the World Wide Web is that
you get contextual networks or channels. If nobody links, all that we get
is a bunch of islands whose only meaningful entities are metadata and
domain names. A site that has no external links will sooner or later be
considered a secluded, uninteresting source. Search Engines will have no
inclination to favour egocentric sites.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com