Re: html editors

  • Subject: Re: html editors
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:27:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Thomas Jespersen wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:42:15 +0100, "Jane" <janesmitch@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>Which is the best one to use?

I use KWrite and KEdit, but I'd recommend NEdit (which I haven't got
installed here).

KEdit is good because of spellchecker integration

KWrite is extremely powerful and reliable

I wish I could use NEdit more often because of the ability to select
rectagular regions of text and because of the many customisation options
offered.

> State your OS please. My personal favorite is Emacs with the PSGML
> mode. It can be a bit daunting to set up, but there is a good guide
> here:
>
> http://www.mhoenicka.de/software/sgml/tutorial/cygbook1.html
>
> and here:
>
> http://www.dzr-web.com/people/darren/projects/emacs-webdev/

EMacs involves a learning curve. I would not recommend it to someone who is
new to editors. Vim likewise.

> --
> Now playing:

No music?